A Functional Medicine Approach To Pain and Inflammation
This session will address mechanisms and drivers of inflammation, inflammatory cascades, and Dr, Gulliams will discuss nutrients that can be used to target inflammatory pathways.
This session will discuss dietary approaches to inflammation and pain management. Lara will also discuss protocols for supplements used in her clinical practice.
This session will pull together treatment plans for patients with pain and inflammation, highlighting both acute and chronic pain conditions. Patient cases will be included for chronic inflammatory conditions such as Diabetic Neuropathy, Osteoarthritis, and fibromyalgia.
30 min Panel Q & A
Panelists will be available for questions and answers.
- Describe the pathophysiology of pain and inflammation.
- Review inflammatory pathways and cascades.
- Discuss natural product mechanisms of action for addressing pain and inflammation.
- Recommend appropriate dietary interventions to address pain and inflammation.
- Determine when to incorporate nutrient supplementation alongside dietary approaches.
- Discuss acute vs. chronic pain mechanisms & treatment for pain management.
- Develop clinical treatment plans for patients with pain and inflammatory conditions.