9:00 AM – 10:00 AM EST
Gastrointestinal Dysbiosis and Inflammatory Conditions
- Recognize the key under-appreciated components of the complex, multilayered GI barrier system.
- Describe the cross communication between the GI microbiota and the mucous with respect to inflammation and GI health.
- Assess normobiosis and pro-inflammatory dysbiosis.
- Recognize the clinical significance of abnormalities among different stool biomarkers of GI inflammation.
- Develop intervention strategies towards amelioration of GI inflammation associated with invasive pathogens and IBDs.